Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blog - Part Deux

For those of you keeping track, this is my second ever blog and much has happened since my last installment.

First of all, we’ve already reached 10% of our goal!!! As of this writing, we have $1,040 and I haven’t even started officially logging the miles yet! We've also had four great sponsors sign on in support of Connor's Army, so please check out our Sponsor’s page and try to do business with these incredibly generous people if you can.

The trial run is going very well. As of the end of this week I’ll have logged 1400 commuting miles for the 2006 calendar year. My commute from Northport to Syosset is 25 miles round-trip, and I also count my 30 mile round-trip commute to Usdan, the camp I work at in the summer. That one is sometimes harder because it ends up being 100+ degrees sometimes when I’m riding home - I just stock up on the Gatorade. (If you look at the picture, that’s what that yellow stuff is in my water bottle!)

Another great thing that’s happened is that a bunch of my students have started a Facebook group called “Connor’s Army”. You can go on to www.facebook.com and check it out. Join up and try to spread the word to others of what we’re trying to do. If everyone could send in one dollar for the American Cancer Society that would get us to 20% of our goal!

Lastly, on a more personal note, my beloved Dallas Cowboys played badly against the New York Giants, my wife’s favorite team. I have to tell you life around here has been difficult - especially since certain family ‘friends’ have placed a sign saying “Giants Rule” in my front yard. I’m checking to see if Northport has an ordinance against littering.

Oh well, that’s it for now - with any luck my next installment will be able to tell you we’ve closed in on 20% and climbing - not to mention I hope to hit 1500 miles!

Until then, peace to you all and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment