Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stay Puft Cyclist

Okay so I am definitely feeling the extra weight around my waist today.  Becuase of a chest cold that I've been trying to fight off I haven't ridden or taught dance class all week and it's driving me crazy.  I really started the week out with the goal of riding a lot since I'm only about 300 miles away from reaching my personal goal of 3,000 miles for this calendar year.

HOWEVER, we all know from past experience (at least MY past experience) the surest way to make God laugh is to go ahead and make those plans.  Soooo, I'm sufferince for my impertinent irreverence and I think I've gained a good five pounds of "I haven't been getting out and riding to work" weight.  At least its not as bad as the "I've been consuming 3,000 calories at a sitting and drinking a six pack every night" weight.  If that were the case I'd probably look like this;
Road bike for a fat guy?
Sooo, I think I'll just plan on getting back on the bike on Monday. 

In the meantime I'm headed off to Philajerseyia to attend the first birthday party of my niece Annika who was born a year ago to my sister Angela.  Because of cancer research she was able to recover from her battle with cervical cancer and now she has a beautiful baby girl to show for all of her struggles.  The whole family is healthy and I'll get to see my mom and dad and my sister Alina as well - I'll just try to take it easy on the bulgogi while I'm there!

Okay my friends, this one was short and sweet but I hope to have a longer one for you next week - after I'm able to get out and ride some more.

Stay well and I'll see you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment