Monday, May 14, 2007

This is the Way We Bike to Work, Bike to Work, Bike to Work

In three days we open A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Everyone’s worked really hard to put together a GREAT show, and the kids are having fun doing it. They’re really into the 1960’s setting. We spent part of Saturday’s rehearsal tie-dying show shirts and they’re really psyched to go onstage.

On the Connor’s Army front, I was asked by Huntington Town Councilman Mark Cuthbertson to help him and Huntington Township kick off “Bike to Work Week”. So this morning instead of going to school at my usual time I rode to the Councilman’s house at 8:00am. Also in attendance were Steve Jimenez and a few other dignitaries, one from the State Department of Highways! We cruised along at a reasonable pace, and had the chance to talk to the people from Channel 55 so they could use their footage on TV that night.

I’m now at 870 miles and going strong. I’m hoping to be able to at least finish out the school year on June 22nd with at least 1200 miles. I have a little more than a month to do it. Of course, if I can get more that would be great! Since this is “Bike to Work Week” I plan to ride as much as I can - as long as it’s dry!

And so for now, to any of you reading the blog - get on your bike and ride at least once this week to work (unless of course you work more than 25 miles from home - then do it part way!) - you’ll be saving money, doing your heart good, and saving a little bit for the environment as well!

Peace and stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment