Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back inthe Saddle Again

Okay, so I have fallen off the blog wagon in a very hard (and very prolonged) way. I looked back over my archive and realized that its been FIFTEEN (15!) months since I last composed a blog. To be honest, I really didn't have a reason to.

You see, after the last Victory Ride didn't happen on January 1, 2009 (due to the massive ice storm the night before) I was bummed. We tried to figure out how to make it happen later that spring but the logistics were just never in our favor. For the original Jan. 1 date we had 10 of us willing to go and we even e-mailed back and forth that morning but I ultimately had to check the road conditions and cancel. It was really a let down, especially since Channel 12 News had actually decided to film us taking off and coming back that day.

Well after 15 months of soul-searching and thinking we're ecstatic to announce that THE VICTORY RIDE IS HAPPENING AGAIN!

You see, another reason why I've been silent is that I wasn't really as excited about posting since I didn't feel as if I was raising money for the cancer community. In my head I guess I thought that no one would be interested in following this blog anymore since I wasn't doing my year long fundraising commute. I've still been riding and logging 3,000 miles in commuting miles in 2009 but I just haven't been keeping up with the blogging aspect. Another reason is that the way we had it set up before, it was more difficult to update the blog. But, now as you see, I've joined the cyber community of blogspot.com and now I have no excuses for being able to update my blogs since I can do it from virtually any computer.

However, the biggest impetus in this new post is the reason the Victory Ride is returning. In the past fifteen months (and a lot of soul searching) I have found another cause for which to raise funds and that is Sunrise Day Camp. I really believe in their mission and I know the monies we raise will be appreciated. So this year, the Victory Ride will happen again and it will happen on April 18, 2010 and it will happen to benefit Sunrise Day Camp. You can find out more about them at www.sunrisedaycamp.org. I'm excited about this new opportunity to help the cancer community in a way that is meaningful and will touch the lives of some of the youngest members of the cancer community in ways that we the riders can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment