Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've Lost My Groove!

Okay, so I realized today that I've been watching a bit too much Nickelodeon with the kids. As I was riding against what were (according to our good friends at weather.com) gusts up to 20mph from the west I had the realization that due to many considerations I've Lost My Groove. What's this got to do with Nickelodeon? Well, the first thing that popped into my mind after realizing I was off my groove was the episode where King Julian ticks off the baboon sisters and they steal his groove and put it in a jar. See it here at http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/out-of-the-groove-clip.html

As this image was playing in my head (yes, I'm still trying to have my Thornton Wilderesque moments but its hard when your groove is in a jar) I realized that as of right now I have only commuted about 300 miles since the first of the year. Usually by this time I've logged closer to 800 commute miles and another 200 for fun miles. Its been a rough year between the snowmageddons and Amy's surgery. Add to that the stress of the show this year (it wasn't stressful by itself, just added to the administration degree, trying to take care of the house, and all the other usual stresses) I didn't get on the bike as much as I would have liked. I love doing the show and this year was an incredible success for the kids. They did an outstanding job (and yes, this year's high school musical was High School Musical) and they had a great set of audiences, selling out two of the four performances.

However, (back to the business of the bike) since I'm trying to get into shape for the April 18 Victory Ride I need to log a lot more mileage. Today was the beginning of that. Of course, I won't be able to ride tomorrow unless I ride in the dark at 7:00 - actually it might be worth it. It could be fun and something I haven't done in a while so I might give it a shot.

So, the bottome line is I watch too much television and don't ride enough - so the only way I'm getting my groove out of the jar is to get off my baboon backside and open the jar! If anyone wants to join me, just drop me an e-mail and I'll meet you for a spirited ride -- even better, come join me on April 18 and see if I did get my groove back.


See ya on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment