Friday, August 13, 2010

Triskaidekaphobia? Not Any More!

Okay, so when many of us think of Friday the Thirteenth we think of the wonderful fellow featured above.  To those of us who remember seeing the original movie, we remember walking home on dark nights and fearing that we would see the above picture coming out of the trees at us.  For others, Friday the Thirteenth might conjure to the mind the following;
And I have to say I used to be one that sort of dreaded Friday the Thirteenth.  Not that anything bad has every really happened to me (oops, no scratch that, I was hit for the very first time while riding my bicycle on a Friday the Thirteenth, it was the day of the prom in 2005 and I couldn't dance because I had a bruised hip bone) so I didn't really have a reason.

Well, as of this year I have reasons to celebrate the holdiay ala the Kool and the Gang version;
Kool and The Gang - Celebration .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Because we have (trumpet fanfare please) finally gotten word from the insurance company that they are going to accept liability for my bicycle!  They are going to cover the bicycle repairs 100%, 90% of the shorts, and 80% of the shoes for a total of $1667.65!!!!!!!!  Here's how it went down;

On Wednesday I finally was fed up with not hearing anything from Chubb insurance so I called again.  I didn't get a response from the agent so I asked for a supervisor and explained that I had a sister that worked for the insurance industry and I knew it should not be taking this long.  He promised to look into it.  By today I still hadn't hear anything so I called again first thing this morning and the insurance agent informed me that she had made the determination on Wednesday (the day I had called, hmmmm) that they were going to assume liability of the accident and that I should have been already contacted by the property damage adjuster (so many adjusters for one accident!).  About an hour later I got the phone call that they would cover the amounts listed below!

Woohooooo!  Tomorrow I am going to take the bike to Adams Cyclery to have them do the work!  Hopefully, Black Betty will be ready to roll again! and once again I can groove to the tune of;

Ram Jam - Black Betty .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

So, Triskaidekaphobia?  Not anymore!

Stay well, and it won't be too much longer and I'll see you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment