Friday, June 22, 2007

And the Verdict Is........!

I can’t believe that it’s the last day of the school year and I’ve exceeded my goal by two hundred miles!

Going off of last year’s tally I figured I could get about 1,100 miles by the end of this school year. Then I’d be able to do the remaining 900 miles in the fall pretty easily.

As of today, though, Connor’s Army has logged 1302 miles for the year.

Through rain and sleet and cold and heat (okay, not so much heat yet) I’ve managed to rack up a good chunk of mileage, and now I’m thinking I’ll do more than 2,000!

We’ve also managed to raise (drum roll please) $5,647.30! So, it’s been six months and we’re past our halfway mark in fundraising, too.

Although I won’t count the miles I ride over the summer, I’ll still be riding and I’ll still be writing the occasional blog entry. I’m signed up to do 70 miles of the Huntington Bike Club’s Gold Coast Ride for fun with Steve Jimenez and I’ll let you know how that goes. I’m planning to ride to work at Park Shore Camp and I’ll give you an update on how they react to my cycle wear.

Already, though, I can’t wait to get started again in the fall and work my closer and closer to the 2,000 mile mark.

And, of course, I’d be completely remiss if I didn’t wish a Happy Birthday to my sweet Sarah!

Stay well and I’ll see you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment