Friday, September 17, 2010

My First Century of the Year!


No, I didn't actually ride my first 100 continuous miles (I think we all remember what happened last time I attempted that -  I Made God Laugh!)

However, I did manage to log 100 miles of ride time this week to and from school.  Actually, the number was 110.7 to be exact!  And what did it feel like?  I'd say that Ray says it pretty well;

Ray Charles - Nothing like a hundred miles.mp3 .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Yep, I managed to ride in every day this week except for Monday (rain, go figure).  I have been putting Betty through her paces and dialing in her performance more every day.  I still haven't gotten the front derailleur shifting the way I want to but I'm getting close.

We're getting closer in the planning also.  It looks like we'll go the southern route from San Diego to Tempe, AZ and then up to the Grand Canyon for two days of rest and tourism.  We'll then head up through AZ to Four Corners (yes, music geeks we WILL be going through Tuba City, AZ - being a former tuba player how could I resist?) and on up to Pueblo, CO before joining the TransAmerica Route and continuing on through to Virginia.  At that time I will then hit the Atlantic Coast route that will take me up to New York and on to Wheatley Heights, NY and Sunrise Day Camp.

Right now we have it planned to accomplish this trip in 54 days give or take five days.  So, it could take 60 days but we're trying to do it in less if we can to have a bit of time to get our lives back in order before school starts up again.

But for now I'm just trying to ride as much as I can so I can get the miles in my legs.  Due to my unfortunate....accident (all of you Spelling Bee fans get your minds out of the gutter!) I lost five weeks and all of those miles but I'm trying to make up for it.  I think I can do it.  Now I need sponsors.  So if you know any corporations that would like to do some charitable work or in-kind donations of supplies, PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY AND HAVE THEM E-MAIL AMY AT connornyc@aol.com.

Okay, so now I'm caught up and ready to go on the road LET'S SUPPORT THE KIDS!!!!!

Stay well, I'll see you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment