Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Rough Day

Again, I am casting my bottles on the waves in the hopes that someone will find them and read them. I'm not sure why since I don't have the Victory Ride to encourage people to join. To a large extent writing is cathartic for me and allows me to express some of the things I feel on a (somewhat) regular basis. I'm certain that today's posting will be in bits in pieces throughout the day so bare with me.

Today is a rough day and to be honest I didn't think it would be. I guess it all started last night with the lack of sleep. I woke up at 2:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. I know my restlessness was disturbing to Amy and I hate keeping her up since she gets so little sleep as it is. After a half hour I finally took myself downstairs and read for a while before falling asleep on the couch.

When I woke up I had an epiphany of what was bothering me, at least partly. Today is David's birthday. I have been thinking about this day for a few weeks now and about an hour ago my watch alarm went off to remind me of that fact. I have to say that it's been on my mind all day long and since I rolled off the line to start my ride to school I've been thinking about David - mainly about my family in TN and how they are coping today. As I've written, due to the circumstances of life I didn't get to spend as much time with my brother as I had wished. Nevertheless, through Tamara I felt connected with David as she always let me know what was going on with him. The news about his riding his bike to work was hard for me to hear because it showed that no matter what, I had an effect on him. And now that connection is gone. The day has been rough because I know no matter how hard the day has been on me, it has been ten times worse for everyone in Knoxville.

My prayers are with you guys - David, I will ride with you one day, just keep your bike ready.

Okay, its time to get on the road and ride home - stay well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment