Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This Sucks!!!!!!!

Okay, on top of the fact that I needed to get over the fact that David's birthday was yesterday, I also got the bad news that the video my dream team (again, for those of you who didn't read the earlier post that would be Dan Incalcaterra, Dan Kahn, and Phil Rosenberg) created for the Win Any Bike contest from Bicycling Magazine did not make the finals. What the heck. On top of the other news it just left me feeling like this; Well, I guess since I didn't win, I can actually post it on my site. So here goes;

So, it didn't happen. I'm not bitter, the guys did a great job. I'm just real bummed out because I really wanted the chance to get a new bike for the cross country ride. I don't need a carbon frame, I don't need a Pinarello Prince (or similar "race" bike) but I do need to get something that's going to make it 3,000 miles without breaking down.

So, my next option is to start saving money and see if Chuck can still help me with the Trek Cyclocross bike. Granted, I'm so much better off with my bike collection (A Scattante that I built up myself with Ultegra/105/Bontrager components, my Diamondback "Frankenbike", and my GT mountain bike) but to be honest none of them will make the long haul over the mountains and the plains between San Diego and Wheatley Heights, NY.

I am thinking of writing some letters to various bike manufacturers and seeing if one of them will take pity on me. We were going to write to BP and see if they would give us a gas card - I don't think that's happening anymore, unless they want the good press.

So, we're going to start planning the logistics for the trip in earnest now. We're going to redo the website to reflect the new fundraising efforts and hopefully we'll get some people to donate to that effort and send some kids to camp!

Okay, writing to you I feel better - but only slightly! It's still National Bike Month and I'm going to ride my bike and make myself feel better!

Stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment